The 68-year-old has enjoyed a fan base for decades, and while his announcement comes as both Trump and Clinton face faltering campaigns, it might not be completely serious.
His platform – unveiled on a campaign website on Monday – revealed the challenger’s priorities:
“So, if you’re looking for a candidate with a platform that matters, vote Alice Cooper, the man with the plan to tackle the hot button, contentious and provocative issues on the minds of the real America and Britain:
1. Getting Brian Johnson back in AC/DC
2. A snake in every pot
3. No more pencils, no more books
4. Adding Lemmy to Mt. Rushmore
5. Rename Big Ben “Big Lemmy”
6. Groucho Marx on the $50 bill
7. Peter Sellers on the £20 note
8. Cupholders required for every airplane seat
9. Ban on talking during movies in movie theatres
10. Ban on taking selfies, except on a designated National Selfie Day
The Emergency Election Sale is now live! Get 30% to 60% off our most popular products today!