If the New York Post report is true, ABC News made a monumental financial blunder last year when it signed a $105 million contract to keep George Stephanopoulos as the face of its “news” network.
As I outlined in last week’s post, First Brian Williams, Now George Stephanopoulos Has Lost All Credibility in Latest Mainstream Media Scandal, due to his undisclosed donations to the Clinton Foundation, Mr. Stephanopoulos is now unable to report with any credibility on Hillary Clinton. If he isn’t capable of reporting on Hillary, then he isn’t able of reporting on any aspect of the 2016 Presidential election. So why would he be worth five dollars, let alone $105 million?
From the New York Post:
The “Good Morning America” and “This Week” anchor renewed his contract last year for $105 million, TV industry sources told The Post Monday.
The seven-year deal — which dwarfs the five-year, $50 million contract scored by since-suspended NBC rival Brian Williams — was supposed to keep Stephanopoulos in front of ABC’s cameras through 2021.
But now his credibility, and future, have been called into question since he admitted Friday that he had donated $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation since 2011, just as the presidential race gears up with Hillary Rodham Clinton the leading Democrat.
When Stephanopoulos signed his contract extension in April 2014, an ABC spokesman said, “George is vital to the success of the news division and will continue to be a leader here at ABC News. We expect him to remain with us for many, many years.”
Or maybe not.
For related articles, see:
The Emergency Election Sale is now live! Get 30% to 60% off our most popular products today!