In San Jose last week, so-called “protesters,” in fact rioters and violent thugs, lofted placards demanding “Make America Mexico again.”
Is it possible the ideologically bereft and irrational anti-Trump rioters in San Jose want America to become part of Mexico?
Many already believe much of America is part of Mexico, as evidenced by another placard that read: “Trump, This is Mexico! You are not welcome on Native/Mexican Soil.”
More than a few Mexicans illegally crossing the border would undoubtedly disagree with this. Many arrive in search of work while others hope to get on public assistance. Mexico does not dole out money to the poor like the United States, although those in extreme poverty are provided with tortillas and other essentials so they will not starve to death.
If America became Mexico again, this is what it would look like:
- The median poverty rate would be 46.2 percent (up from 45.5 percent last year)
- In rural areas, the poverty rate would be 76.2 percent
- Americans categorized as poor would earn $157.70 per month
- The middle class would have a quarterly income of between $2,000 and $4,000
- Entrepreneurship would be nearly impossible due to a convoluted tax system and the administrative complexities of registering a business
- Between 2007 and 2014, 164,000 people would have died in a drug war, more than in Iraq and Afghanistan combined during the same period
If America became Mexico, millions would likely cross the Canadian border in search of a better life.
This would likely create a Canadian version of Donald Trump calling for a wall.
The Emergency Election Sale is now live! Get 30% to 60% off our most popular products today!