THE HOCKEY SCHTICK
Sept 16, 2010
Dr. Ir. Noor van Andel, former head of research at Akzo Nobel, recently presented a talk at the Dutch Meteorological Institute KNMI, concluding there is
* No observational evidence for influence of CO2 on past or present climate
* Rising Outgoing Long-wave radiation with more than 3.7 W/m^2 per oC SST cannot be the effect of rising CO2 or of the increase of other “greenhouse” gases. Rising OLR/SST with 8.6 W/m^2K means that the atmosphere has become more transparent to IR radiation in the past 60 years. The “greenhouse effect” has become less.
- A d v e r t i s e m e n t
* Solar constant and the properties of water determine our climate
* Rising surface temperature is tightly controlled by increasing wet convection and concomitant upper tropospheric drying
* Strong observational correlation of solar magnetic activity with climate temperatures, presumably via cloud condensation nucleation and albedo [the cosmic ray theory of Svensmark et al]
A few slides from the highly recommended presentation:
h/t via climategate.nl
The Emergency Election Sale is now live! Get 30% to 60% off our most popular products today!