A pesticide found in common household products has been found to triple a boy’s risk of being diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, scientists have warned.
Symptoms of the condition, notably hyperactivity and impulsivity, were found to be associated with exposure to pyrethroid pesticides, the US researchers found.
The ingredient is found in many common insecticides and some insect repellents.
Experts, led by those at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, noted the link was stronger in boys than in girls.
The Emergency Election Sale is now live! Get 30% to 60% off our most popular products today!